Title : Spicy Chicken Enchilada macaroni and cheese
link : Spicy Chicken Enchilada macaroni and cheese
Spicy Chicken Enchilada macaroni and cheese
All flavors of spicy chicken enchiladas mixed in a macaroni and cheese casserole comforting. Save this recipe for a cold rainy day when the only thing on the agenda is a marathon Netflix!
Thank Sargento® for sponsoring this post today. My kiddos thanks because this is macaroni and cheese mmmm mmmm good! If you like to cook, and want to test their skills slices Food Network, then I encourage you to participate in slice at Home Challenge . Enter your prescription and you could win $ 5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised cooking competition stung by a grand prize of $ 10,000. That would be amazing !! Read more about this here .
If there's one thing I'm absolutely sure it's this ... you can not have too many macaroni and cheese recipes. It is impossible. I've been to restaurants that have entire menus dedicated to macaroni and cheese. Seriously. Basically, any food or favorite recipe you can recreate in a spectacular macaroni and cheese recipe.
agoA couple of weeks asked me to create a recipe using Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican Blend, corn tortillas, poblano peppers, and chicken thighs to highlight and promote the food web chopped in the home Challenge . Minced is one of my favorite shows. I like to think of myself as an extraordinary Chopped since one of my "mom needs" is creating tasty food with random ingredients in my pantry, fridge or freezer.
Anyway, to meditate on the recipes I could do with the 4 necessary ingredients that are stuck in the obvious choices. Should I make enchiladas, tacos, tortilla casserole gender, etc.? But none of that felt right for me. I wanted to be a little more creative.
Then I thought spicy chicken enchilada macaroni and cheese. Did you feel too excited when I saw this title? Okay, I will not judge. Actually, I'm there with you. I was very excited to put this recipe together. I mean that we would not be excited for this? All delicious spicy chicken enchiladas flavors mixed in a sticky macaroni and cheese ooey. Oh mama!
Before you start yelling at me for ruining your diet let me say that I did my best to keep this on the side but abundant nutritious. As with all my macaroni and cheese recipes you used whole grain pasta, replaced half the milk to chicken broth, and cheese is kept under control. Of course pasta dishes are pasta dishes, but if you need a little love in carbohydrates then this recipe is for you. Enjoy with a fresh salad and were in a delicious dinner healthy well rounded. You're welcome.
Ok let's talk about the recipe.
I started to brown the chicken thighs in a 6-quart pot with a thick bottom.
After chicken thighs I took a package taco seasoning over chicken and cook for a few minutes is cooked. To keep spices from sticking and burning at the bottom added a touch more or less chicken broth.
I removed the chicken from the pan and set it aside. Using the same pot poured 2 cups chicken broth and 2 cups milk 1%. Then they took me in 2 tablespoons of white flour whole-wheat. I scraped the bits that were stuck to the bottom, because we all know that there are a lot of flavor in those bits.
brought me to a boil and then simmer for about 5-7 minutes. I continued gown to milk or flour not stick to the bottom and burn. Then they took me in a 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce.
The following is my favorite part of the cheese. I use Sargento four Mexican cheese grated cheese all the time. It is a staple in my house. It tastes great and melts well. I never used as the main cheese macaroni and cheese, so I was excited for him to be star debut this recipe. Just look at that cheese.
And here is all melted and is ready to fulfill duties Mac n cheese. I should also note that seasoned with onion powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. It is a necessity to give a taste before pouring over pasta to check for salt. 1/2 teaspoon salt used, but depending on your taste you may need more.
Before I cooked the chicken first prepared pasta. I like to use the least amount of dishes as possible. Macaroni and cheese only cook the pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes. That's. If the dough will still be a little difficult, but trust me it is the only way to get the perfect pasta in your macaroni and cheese. No soft paste for this mom.
Then I sprinkled chopped poblano peppers over pasta. In fact, my original plan was sauteed peppers with chicken, but ... I forgot. I like to think of this as my "real life" Chopped slip. In any case, the peppers cooked perfectly great with the macaroni and cheese. Do not worry!
Then I chopped up chicken and threw it over the top.
And now the cheese enchilada sauce. Oh, boy!
just give me a couple waves to ensure that all ingredients are evenly distributed and all the pasta is coated.
The last ingredient to make your way to the recipe were corn tortillas. I decided to use them instead of breadcrumbs. All I did was cut in May tortilla into small pieces and mix with a little melted butter.
Then I sprayed the tortilla pieces on top and baked for 55 minutes in an oven at 350 degrees.
Within 25 to 30 minutes caused a magical aroma that comes from my kitchen. And at the moment my whole house smelled like a Mexican restaurant 5 stars was made. Delicious!
This spicy chicken enchilada macaroni and cheese is beyond scrumptious. The pasta is coated with a tasty cheese enchilada sauce, chicken is tender and delicious chile poblano gives you a little push, and the crunch of corn tortillas send him right over the edge. This is everything you dream of comfort food, but better because it is made with healthy ingredients you can feel good.
spicy chicken enchilada macaroni and cheese
The total time
Author: organized skinny
serves: 12
[19459006Ingredientes]- 1 lb whole pasta shells, cooked very al dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs skin
- 1 (1.13 ounces) taco seasoning packet
- 2 cups milk 1 %
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 white wheat flour tablespoon
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic granulated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Sargento 4 Mexican cheese mix grated cheese
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 small corn tortillas, cut into small squares
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large pot, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides until cooked through and no longer pink in center. This takes about 4 minutes per side.
- taco seasoning Sprinkle over chicken and continue cooking for a couple of minutes. You pour in a little chicken broth to keep the seasoning sticking to the bottom.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and aside.Chop chicken once it cools.
- Using the same pot pour in milk and chicken broth. Add flour and scrape debris that may be stuck to the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add enchilada sauce, spices and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
- Place the pasta, chopped poblano chili chicken and a plate of 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour the cheese enchilada sauce over top. Mix all ingredients until pasta is coated and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Mix corn tortilla chips and melted butter and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then serve
Notes
sugars :. 4 grams Instructions for preparing in advance
This recipe can be made completely before time, portioned out and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and freezer up to 3 months. Heat on the stove or in the microwave. You may need to add a little milk or broth if it becomes dry after reheating
Nutrition Information
Size :. portion 1 heaping cup Calories: 431 fat: 20 saturated fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 38 Fiber: 6 protein 26
3.5.3208
Thanks again to Sargento® for sponsoring today's post. Be sure to check Food Network chopped at Home Challenge and enter their tasty creations for a chance to win $ 5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a contest chopped kitchen televised for grand prize of $ 10,000.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sgt. The views and text are all mine.
The post Spicy Chicken Enchilada macaroni and cheese appeared first on http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2016/04/29/chicken-enchilada-macaroni-cheese/
Thanks for Reading Spicy Chicken Enchilada macaroni and cheese
You are now reading the article Spicy Chicken Enchilada macaroni and cheese Url Address https://exerciseplanstoloseweight.blogspot.com/2016/04/spicy-chicken-enchilada-macaroni-and.html
0 Response to "Spicy Chicken Enchilada macaroni and cheese"
Posting Komentar