Title : The best advice I have received in a gym class were not about exercise
link : The best advice I have received in a gym class were not about exercise
The best advice I have received in a gym class were not about exercise
In a stationary bike outside in the cold sun San Francisco in the Marina Green, facing the Golden Gate bridge, surrounded by more than a hundred women in their sports bras, all of us riding together with Rihanna blasting speaker, I had a moment life-changing.
If I sound like a cliché, it's fine; I'm fine with it. The whole "SoulCycle changed my life" thing can definitely entice a trial, I understand. But it was much more than a fitness class or a big trip or a fun event. I learned something very profound - and even a little painful -. On me that day
Related: Boxing is therapy I've been waiting
A Dare to bare festival outdoor beneficial in San Francisco, the Movemeant Foundation encourages women to strip down to sports bras and literally dare to bare their bodies - with pride. The foundation defies fear and perfectionism constant mental pressure, with the aim to empower and inspire women to live better lives with the utmost confidence. The charity was raising money for apply for grants to local girls to help them "take care of their bodies through sport."
I was so grateful when Movemeant invited me to join his case; I loved the idea behind the fundraising and felt a strong attraction for example with the concept. Jenny Gaither, CEO and founder of Movemeant, is also an instructor high SoulCycle - and afraid to wear a sports bra found as many as the kind of education that had been covering herself a "ridiculous" way, including riding in a leather jacket. After realizing how problematic his mind had become, she approached a student and asked if they were to travel in a sports bra with her; It would not be so bad if they did together.
The idea of these two women riding together in sports bras multiplied in Dare to Bare - hundreds of women of all shapes and sizes participated, celebrating their bodies. Jenny took classes outside of San Francisco, along with two other teachers instructors :. Ian SF and Olivia New York (the winner of Biggest Loser , season 11)
When Ian began instructing his long hair flowing in the wind , he made the transition from their instructions to "touch back" and "you look beautiful" one of the most beautiful motivational speeches I've heard.
"Perfectionism is a defense mechanism," he told us. It may sound silly, but I had never heard framed that way - and that the simple statement reeeally on target. As someone who deals with internal pressures (and sometimes external), along with a type A perfectionist personality, I heard so much truth in his words. I am defend myself. Of others . . . judgment, criticism, pain.
Have you ever felt this way? Have you ever been in an exercise class thinking, "I have to have perfect form, I have to keep up, people are watching me ... People are judging me." Or beyond the study, in everyday life - that you constantly keep up appearances to fend off criticism and judgment? I can definitely be guilty of it.
Ian continued to tell us that we must not be afraid; we do not have to worry about people watching us or judge us. "It's not you is what they call you, which is what answers. What you answer to?"
Then it happened: I was crying, she was smiling, and I was on a stationary bike that bears little outdoor clothing in San Francisco (aka I was a mess, but ok) - and I had my mini epiphany. Ian's speech reminded me that I have to not be perfect for anyone, not even to myself - ". Stop trying to be perfect in class" even if it means I can just enjoy the ride! It's okay to love myself (something more than my body) as I am, wherever you are, at any stage of life I'm in right now.
"Progress, not perfection."
The post The best advice I have received in a gym class were not about exercise appeared first on http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Body-Positivity-Tip-From-Movemeant-Foundation-41435144
Thanks for Reading The best advice I have received in a gym class were not about exercise
You are now reading the article The best advice I have received in a gym class were not about exercise Url Address https://exerciseplanstoloseweight.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-best-advice-i-have-received-in-gym.html
0 Response to "The best advice I have received in a gym class were not about exercise"
Posting Komentar